I consider myself a writer first and foremost, and when I have a good idea I’ll try and write an article to share my thoughts on the subject. I add new articles whenever I have some free time to write. Keep up to date with this blog or follow me on Twitter.
Lots of these articles cover game design and writing, but I’ve done my best to categorize these here to make it easier for you to find what you’re looking for.
Game Design Articles
- RPG Skills: What You’re Doing Wrong
- Enemy Encounters: What You’re Doing Wrong
- Fuck Your Features: The Downside of Complexity
- Your Game’s Identity
- Puzzle Design 1: RPG Puzzle Types
- Puzzle Design 2: Moving Parts
- Player Psychographics
- Story Structure in Game Design
- I Want to Write Good Characters
- Making Memorable NPCs
- Your Fantasy Setting: Economy
If you have an idea or question that would make for a good article, send me a message and let me know.